Tuesday, November 26, 2013

4 Must-Have (Beauty & Hair) Products That Can Stand Your Adventures



I would never condone getting primped and prettied for a nature hike, but this is a blog that mesh two of my favorite things for one lovely and wild lifestyle; so I compiled a list of products that can hold up to spontaneous hikes, climbs or adventures and act as some strong double duty skin protectors for harsh conditions your skin and hair may endure.

Hey, there is absolutely no rule that says adventurers can't have good skin and hair… 


#1. Garnier Skin Renew- Miracle Skin BB Cream 


I feel like a lot of people know why I love this so much, but in case you don't, you need to. I've tried several BB Creams both low and high end of the market spectrum and Garnier BB Cream is still the only one I repeatedly buy every time  This one tube of cream fights acne, hyper pigmentation (uneven skin tone), and is made with minerals that help improve the overall quality of your skin. The major players that are in the ingredients of this miracle worker are titanium dioxide, zinc oxide and skin perfecting minerals that make for a naturally beautiful finish for your skin. The added bonus is Garnier uses high mineral pigments so your skin gets naturally flawless coverage, without feeling like a cake face. My personal favorite is the anti-aging to keep lines ad wrinkles at bay, acids continually work to redefine the skin to keep it soft, smooth and refreshed. Wearing this as your makeup doubles as a moisturizer, anti-aging serum, skin brightener, and SPF, in case you decide to go on an impromptu hike, you're set for skin-perfecting power and sunblock!

 #2. Flaunt your PHD all day, every day no matter where you are…


















This is my most recent discovery… after cutting my hair I wanted (once again) to find one product that does multiple things, because I don't have time to sit there and layer product in my hair and my hair usually rebels anyway in the most greasiest, unpleasant way. So thank goodness I discovered Living Proof's PHD- Perfect Hair Day (I know, genius). Despite it's $26 price tag, this 4 oz. bottle contains 5 key ingredients for beautiful, healthy hair. A nickle-sized amount provides smoothness, volume, conditioning, strength, and polish. Bonus, this one bottle also provides your hair with heat protection, UV protection, static control and is oil and silicone free- so there's no weight or greasiness.

To style: start with damp hair and simply use a nickel sized amount for short or fine hair, or a quarter sized amount for medium to thick or long hair, apply to hands and rub together like lotion coating the palms of your hands. start under your hair at the back of your neck and run your fingers forwards so your not concentrating product all at the crown of the head (that weighs hair down), and then using your fingertips start working product from the crown of the head down, using what's left on your palms to get the body of your hair. Whatever remainder I may have I just run my hands through my hair starting at the sides of my forehead to make sure all the product has been used. Comb through to disperse product from root to tip and blow dry! Use a round brush for more body, use a flat brush for a sleek look. It's so quick and easy and I always love the look and feel of my hair afterwards and for the next 2 days! You can air dry and use a little less than the amount called for when blow drying for a more natural look with all the wonderful benefits.


#3 Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve


Coined to be for severely dry hands this hand salve acts like a "glove-like protective barrier against moisture loss." With a blend of botanical oils from Avocado, Eucalyptus, Sesame Seed, and natural wax derived from Olive Oil, this cream really does restore your hands after a hard days work. Climbers take note, this cream may soften your calluses so be mindful but in case you were looking for a remedy- this is it.









#4. Facial Fuel No-Shine Moisturizing Lip Balm 


Originally formulated for men, this wonder balm is perfect for moisturizing lips without leaving a shiny, greasy gloss that always seems to catch every loose strand of hair ever on us girls. Not to say guys may feel our pain as well when it comes to longer hair getting plastered to your glossy lips, I'm looking at you Chris Hemsworth… Thankfully this suits both girls and guys. Feel free to scale rocks of any heights in climates of any temperature without worrying about severely chapped lips or looking like a powdered doughnut with a nice dusting of chalk powder on your "chap-glossed" kissers. This formula is light and sinks right into the skin to bring instant moisture without the glossy shine.  






No comments:

Post a Comment